Home » Infrastructure » Linux » please help on installing oracle9i on linux4
please help on installing oracle9i on linux4 [message #422058] Mon, 14 September 2009 02:57 Go to next message
nehhaverma
I would like to install oracle9i on linux4 platform. but I got some problem regarding some rpm. with the help f my friend i got some cmds through which i checked about available rpm and with the of net I insall 2 rpm on terminal succesfully.
now again it is having same problem. So I open file which is exist beside of the run in terminal it shows 2 rpm required i.e.

->compat-oracle-rhel4-1.0-5.i386.rpm(which i got through net)
->compat-libcwait-2.0-2.i386.rpm(it is not available on net i hav searched a lot on this)

kindly help me, I want to known which rpm should be installed on this and where it is available. So kindly tell me the cmds and proper way to install oracle9i on rhel4
thankyou

regards//
neha verma
Re: please help on installing oracle9i on linux4 [message #422999 is a reply to message #422058] Mon, 21 September 2009 12:32 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Quote:
but I got some problem regarding some rpm
with the help f my friend i got some cmds

This is as generic as It can get.
You did not specify the "problem" regarding the specific "rpm" which was later solved by some "cmd"!!
With postings like this, nobody can help.

Oracle 9i is old and gone.
If this is for self/training purpose I would go with 11g or atleast 10g.

Quote:
tell me the cmds and proper way to install oracle9i on rhel4

It is all in Oracle documentation and the other best resource being
http://www.puschitz.com/InstallingOracle9i.shtml
Previous Topic: error ORA-00205: error in identifying control file
Next Topic: Oracle instance running on a system with low open file descriptor limit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:57:45 CDT 2024