Home » Non-English Forums » Japanese » JSP / JDBC Problem Japanese Char - Urget Pelase please
JSP / JDBC Problem Japanese Char - Urget Pelase please [message #91023] Tue, 19 February 2002 21:12 Go to next message
Maruti Chavan
Hello Everyone,

I have setup of ReDHat Linux 7.1 ( English supporting Japanese too ) with Apache Webserver , Apache Jserv , Gnu -JSP and i have Other server with NT - Japanese with Oracle 8.1.7 Japanese . I have some strege Problem

I have created one JSP where i am using CharSet as Euc-JP and even for AapacheJserv i am using encoding as Euc-JP. from this JSP page if i tried to insert record with Typed Japanese with in SQL as hardcode value it is working smooth. It stored in oracle as it is.

BUT if i creates 2 diff JSP for e.g DataEntry.jsp and calling other jsp is InsertRecord.jsp ... with same character set as EUC-JP.

I am using <% String mnippon_no = request.getParameter("nippon_no"); %>

and trying to Disply on browser it is showing me Junk character and even storing juck character.

If i removed character set from my called JSP i.e. InsertRecord.jsp it showing me perfect Japanese Value which i passed but while storing in Databases it is showing Junk character.

One Imp thing is using Perl and DBD and Oracle developed no of application these are working really smooth on same Server.

If fact this is the First Jsp Program of my career and that too with Japanese ppl .. So Please help me ..

Thanks in Advance

Maruti Chavan
Re: JSP / JDBC Problem Japanese Char - Urget Pelase please [message #91260 is a reply to message #91023] Thu, 20 June 2002 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Phillip McCartney
I know you are not using it, but Tomcat 3.x gave me many scars concerning Japanese characters. While servlets always worked fine, JSP did not.

However, I have had some luck with using the
page descriptor:

<%@ page session="true" contentType="text/html; charset=iso-2022-jp" %>

and using iso-2022-jp

You may want to try that. BTW, Tomcat 4 does not seem to suffer from this.
Re: JSP / JDBC Problem Japanese Char - Urget Pelase please [message #91423 is a reply to message #91023] Thu, 22 August 2002 08:04 Go to previous message
Saul Mond
Hi, I need create simple jsp page using tomcat and display japanese chars, can anyone show me an example?

Saul
Previous Topic: Inserting Japanese data into Oracle via VB
Next Topic: How to convert Japanese Database/Form stack to English language
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:18:07 CDT 2024